Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 1 - Weight Loss Challenge

Today starts Day 1 of my 20-Day-20-Pound Weight Loss Challenge, and the first day of my no longer being sick and tired of being overweight, because I'm finally doing something about it. The key for me is to STICK WITH IT! You see, I've been down this road before--several times, actually. In 2009, I followed the Six Week Body Makeover for one week and lost 10 pounds. So, this program does work. BUT, once I lost the 10 lbs, I was done putting in the work. A week later, those lost 10 lbs returned, and with it came a new friend—5 lbs.

This time, I'm sticking with it and this is how it all works!

Step 1: Figure out your unique body type. After completing a series of questions that came with the Six Week Body Makeover kit, I learned that I have a Type B body. Learning my body type tells me the kinds of food I can and can't eat. So, here is what it says about my body type:

"As a Body Type B, your body builds and maintains lean muscle tissue relatively easily which is good because muscle is one of the keys to accelerating metabolism and causing weight loss. Unfortunately, your metabolism is still too slow to burn all the calories you eat. So, like a Body Type A, you also need to be very careful to stick to very complex carbs (potatoes, yams, rice, etc.) and stay away from sweet fruits and processed grains and breads.

When it comes to proteins, the best choice for you is lean chicken or turkey breast, shrimp, crab and other seafood. As a Body Type B you would do best to stay away from red meat as it has components which tend to increase muscle sizer and bulk you up. And you are trying to get smaller--not bigger. If you eat the right foods for your body, you'll be able to stop starving, start eating more and lose weight faster than you ever thought possible."

So, with that said, a typical dinner for me could be: Baked Turkey Breast, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans, and I could lose up to 30 lbs in 6 weeks...guaranteed!

BUT, the key is to consistently feed my metabolism to keep it burning by eating every 2 to 3 hours. This I can do since I work from home. Along with eating so much, the Six Week Body Makeover does give you easy exercises to do. Exercises that I can do, because I hate exercising. I don't even like to walk. But, these exercises I can do as they are strengthening and toning exercises. But, I do have an elliptical machine, so I'll pop in a movie and do my thing on it for a little bit. I do plan to get into a Zumba class though. May even look into a pole dancing class! Hot dang, my new boyfriend (whomever he may be) better watch out, 'cause there will be a pole in the bedroom. (LOL)

So, this morning, I had breakfast at 10:00 am. Yes, I started late. I felt like sleeping in this morning; had a long night working. For breakfast, I ate one scrambled egg (seasoned with pepper only--NO SALT...retains water) and 2 pieces of turkey sausages, followed by gulping down a bottle of water. I feel full and satisfied. I have to eat again at 12:00 pm. I have the turkey thawing. I'm going to have a turkey burger (without the bun) topped with spicy mustard and a tossed salad. I've decided to only eat on a small plate since I have to eat so many meals. The last time I did this program, by 4:00 pm, I was sick and tired of eating!  So, I think the same will happen today. I'll be tired of food by 4:00 pm, but you're suppose to eat up until 7:00 p.m. Do not eat after 7:00 pm, but who in the hell will feel like chewing after eating every 2 to 3 hours? Whew...

Well, the one good thing about this program is that I can still eat my CRABS every Friday. I just can't eat them with my mayo and ketchup concoction. But it's cool...I'll find fat free mayo :-)

Also, as promised, here's my before picture. It's not a good one, as I'm still learning how to take pictures with my phone. Every Friday, I will post a new photo. I'm really excited. Ooh, I feel like dancing!


Stay tuned....

Jessica Tilles, Author, Publisher, Speaker
http://www.jessicatilles.com/
http://www.xpressyourselfpublishing.com/
http://www.twasolutions.com/

1 comment: