Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 2 of Weight Challenge -- So Far So Good...

Well, not exactly... Okay, I broke down last night. Damn it! See, what had happened was... I went to Shoppers Food Warehouse because I wanted to buy chicken breast, more ground turkey and shrimp and someone put that doggone huge bin of sunflower seeds in my way. I simply could not force myself to walk around or even away from it, so I snatched up a bag of sunflower seeds. Last night, around 10 pm, I ate one handful of seeds. Oh they were so doggone good. But, one handful was good for me. Really good, in fact. I would normally eat the entire bag (and this is no small bag) in one sitting.

Nonetheless, I am back on my grind this morning. I had my breakfast: scrambled eggs and two pieces of sausage. Eventually, I'll get sick of eating that too, so I'll have to find more recipes for breakfast.

Here's the kicker though. I'm meeting my friend Gary for lunch today. I'm so excited because I haven't seen Gary since Shep was a pup, and we have so much to catch up on. Yet, I don't want to eff up again, like I did last night. So, I'll have a salad with grilled chicken and I'll take in my own salad dressing. The best thing about a salad is that I can eat the whole thing and be fine because according to Weight Watchers, veggies/salads (without the croutons) are a big fat ZERO. You can eat as much of that stuff as you want. I know, I'm doing the Six Week Body Makeover, but all of it works the same to me.

Anyway, technically I didn't eat any real food past 7 pm last night, and I felt great. I did not feel hungry at all. In fact, I was tired of eating, but I stuck to the schedule. Lots of water. I drank lots and lots of water. However, though, out of habit the craving to chew kicked in and that's where the sunflower seeds came in. I had a good night's sleep and woke up feeling like I could run a marathon. Um, okay, that's stretching it...

My sister Leslie emailed me a "smack talking" email yesterday. She waged a bet--$5 for every pound I lose, but I have to lose 20 lbs first. Oh boy did she talk some serious smack!

Looking forward to getting back into my clothes again, and also looking forward to no longer feeling my belly on my thighs when I'm sitting down. There, I said it!

Have a great day and remember to eat healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment